Add beauty and functionality to your landscape design with a custom retaining wall!
Retaining walls are structures hold soil back and prevent erosion when there is a large change in elevation. Retaining walls can sometimes be a necessity in Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, Green Hill and other nearby areas due to our geographic location and your specific property. Homes and businesses that have sloped or hilly properties might need a retaining wall to prevent erosion, improve drainage or prevent flooding. When we construct a retaining wall on your property, we are protecting your land and aesthetically improving your home or business at the same time.
We also use retaining walls as an aesthetic element, adding a focal point and dimension to your landscape or outdoor living space design. We like to use low retaining walls as planting beds, this adds depth to your otherwise flat landscape. We also build retaining walls to expand the usable space when your property is on a hillside. We do this by leveling out the hillside, then use the aid of a retaining wall to prevent the soil from eroding. Using this technique, we can add more space to your property that was otherwise unusable.
What are the benefits of a retaining wall?
- Erosion Prevention - Erosion usually occurs when there is a large change in elevation, like steep slopping areas where dirt is easily eroded away. If a retaining wall is not installed to prevent this type of erosion, it can cause expensive and lasting damage to your property. Installing a retaining wall will help keep your land where it should be, and fights against land movement.
- Creating More Space - If your yard consists of slopes and hills, adding retaining walls can level out portions your property, creating more usable space.
- Flood Prevention - When retaining walls are properly designed and installed, they help redirect rain water, which adds an extra layer of protection to your property.
- Creates Focal Point - Retaining walls dramatically enhance your landscaping by adding different elevations for planting beds of flowers and shrubs.
Custom seating walls add functionality to your outdoor living space.
Seating walls are similar to landscape retaining walls, but are generally shorter and designed for seating. These walls are typically incorporated into the rest of your landscaping and hardscaping designs. Seating walls are placed where people tend to gather, such as around a fire pit or an outdoor kitchen. Seating walls add additional functionality and fit naturally into your outdoor living space.
Popular materials for retaining and seating walls.
There are many different types of materials that can be used as the building blocks for retaining/seating walls. Here are the most common materials we use in the Mt. Juliet, TN area.
- Granite - This is a hard stone and has amazing colors that range between black, gray, crimson, yellow, blue and white. Granite shows its true beauty when it's wet.
- Sandstone - This is a sedimentary rock, composed of quartz or feldspar. Sandstone can be any color, but is typically tan, brown, yellow, red, grey, pink, white and black.
- Limestone - This is also a sedimentary rock, made primarily out of shells of tiny sea snails (creatures that sank to the bottom of the ocean then pressure from the water and other shells pressed them together).
- Stone Blocks - These blocks are man made from cement mixture and are manufactured in many different shapes, designs, colors and textures. Stone blocks are designed to mimic more natural stones.
- Retaining Wall Blocks - These blocks are made of concrete and are easy to work with. Concrete blocks are available in a wide variety of designs, types, shapes, colors and textures. There are many types of concrete blocks, such as interlocking, hollow, solid and half hollow.
- Clay Bricks - These are a traditional option, with a beautiful aesthetic look. Bricks provide a strong, stable, durable and long lasting option. Clay bricks are manufactured from natural clay and shaped into different sizes and shapes, then fired at extremely high temperatures.
Let us add functionality and beauty to your landscaping or outdoor living spaces. We are currently building retaining walls in Mt. Juliet, Lebanon, Green Hill and other surrounding areas in Tennessee. Please call (615) 288-2052 or complete our online consultation form to get started.